Re: How to rebind keys "C-j" to join-line

From: Alex Wei
Subject: Re: How to rebind keys "C-j" to join-line
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 10:17:04 +0800

Thanks    H. Dieter Wilhelm

I don't need the original C-j keybinding, the "M-^" needs to press 3 keys at same time, so I want to rebind the C-j to join-line. I am just wondering how to rebind the key or how can I find the hook.

After opening the Emacs, I type  (local-set-key (kbd "C-j") 'join-line)  and then Cx Ce, It works!!
But it dosen't work at .emacs,  can you help, I guess I need to find the last setup's hook.

Thanks

Alex Wei