vc-directory doesn't show files that need update

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: vc-directory doesn't show files that need update
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:11:50 +0200

Hello Emacsers

Have I misunderstood the command vc-directory? The EmacsWiki says:

"C-x v d  vc-directory -- show all files which are not up to date"

When I run this command the resulting buffer shows only the files that
I have changed in my CVS-sandbox waiting to be committed, which I can
do with vc-next-action within this buffer.

As far as I understand the info on VC-mode this must also work with
files that are not up-to-date. However, the "Dired under CVS" buffer
doesn't show those files which have changed in the repository and need
to be patched in my sandbox.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm using GnuEmacs 22.1.50.1 on Debian 4 and CVS with ssh.

Thanks for help,

Sven