Ugly (in Firefox) htmlized buffer

From: Alexey Pustyntsev
Subject: Ugly (in Firefox) htmlized buffer
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:15:15 +1100

Thank you very much, guys!

"Dmitri Minaev" <minaev@gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/25/07, Alexey Pustyntsev <nospam@dev.null> wrote:
>> Emacs-CVS 22.0.95.1, htmlize.el-1.16, utf-8.
>>

>>From what I see in the browser, it's OK (see the attached image).
> Could it be a problem with the fonts used by Firefox?
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitri Minaev
>
> Russian history blog: http://minaev.blogspot.com

Yes, if I shift my point of view a little, I find it pointing to the
browser. To take the first example to hand, the string looks good in
xterm if I use (emacs-)w3m. I think I shall approach this problem from
the position that htmlize.el works correctly.
I am currently using just one font that supports Cyrillic characters
(-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso10646-1)
Firefox displays the text (not html) file OK, but the html version is
ugly. So the fault is likely to be in the way Firefox renders these
characters.

--
Rgds
Alexey

Today is Pungenday, the 62nd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173