Re: keep slime alive

From: Petter Gustad
Subject: Re: keep slime alive
Date: 25 Jul 2007 14:50:02 +0200

Jens Teich <info@jensteich.de> writes:

> Petter Gustad <newsmail6@gustad.com> writes:
>
> > Jens Teich <info@jensteich.de> writes:
> >
> >> I use SBCL and SLIME to set up a webserver with Edi Weitz'
> >> Hunchentoot. How do I keep this process alive when closing
> >> the emacs session?
> >
> > Run your sbcl under slime and connect to it from emacs:
> >
> > screen -S lisp sbcl
>
> I'm sitting in front of a Windows Laptop connected to the Linux Server
> via Putty.
>
> First tried in the shell
>
> | jens@h968740:~/lisp> screen -S lisp sbcl
> | Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/2' - please check.

ssh direct intoo your account (i.e. don't use su jens).

> Then tried this within emacs with
>
> | M-x shell
> | screen -S lisp sbcl

Seems the way you logged in when you started this emacs session was
sufficient to start screen, even though I never started screen from
within emacs.

> | (load "asdf.lisp")
>
> two style warnings, ok
>
> | (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op) :swank)

> debugger invoked on UNDEFINED FUNCTION in thread ... function
> ASDF::MODULE-PROVIDE-ASDF

Where do you have slime installed? There whould be a swank.asd in the
path specified by asdf:*central-registry*

Petter

Petter Gustad         8'h2B | ~8'h2B        http://www.gustad.com/petter