Re: Problems extracting a text property

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Problems extracting a text property
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:44:32 +0200

+ Tassilo Horn <thorn+news@fastmail.fm>:

|> | (font-lock-face info-xref mouse-face highlight
|> |  help-echo mouse-2: go to (recode))
|> `----
|
| I found the solution myself. "mouse-2: go to (recode)" is the value of
| the help-echo property, so

... which you no doubt found out, or could have found out, by
executing (with M-:) (text-properties-at (point)) and examining the
result.

|     (get-text-property (point) 'help-echo)
|
| works.

Which may prove useless in the long run, as in my (CVS) version of
emacs that text is replaced by the much less useful "mouse-1: go to
this node".

You may need to dig around in info.el to find out how the info code
itself finds the necessary information.

  -- Bertrand Russell