Re: Emacs Lisp Q: Switch Emacs Frame Between Current/Original FVWM Deskt

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp Q: Switch Emacs Frame Between Current/Original FVWM Desktop?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:02:48 +0200

floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

Hi,

> Why not simply run the server unmapped (or iconified), and configure
> the clients to run with their own X window.  Each will have access to
> all buffers, they can all be left running, and you have an editor
> everywhere and anywhere that you need it. (I do that with XEmacs, and
> I'm sure that Emacs works exactly the same way.  I can't quite imagine
> moving one editor window from desktop to desktop, if for no other
> reason than it would always have the wrong buffer displayed!)

That's what gnuserv does, but emacsclient won't open a new frame. But
there's a port of gnuserv to GNU emacs that you can use until multi-tty
support gets merged into GNU emacs. That will support all this and much
more.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
No person,  no idea, and no  religion deserves to be  illegal to insult,
not even the Church of Emacs. (Richard M. Stallman)