Re: text color in echo area in emacs 22.1

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: text color in echo area in emacs 22.1
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:32:40 +0200

ram <kgramakrishnan@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am new to emacs 22.1, and it is showing the text in echo area in a
> green color. For example if I type C-x C-f, it shows "find file" in
> green color. I want this text in windows default color. The main
> window is working ok, after I turned off font-lock, by executing
> (global-font-lock-mode nil).

`nil' means to _toggle_ Font-Lock mode (in Emacs<22 the effect is to
turn on Font-Lock). It's better to use (global-font-lock-mode 0).

> Is there a variable I should set to accomplish this?

There is a face `minibuffer-prompt' as well as a variable
`minibuffer-prompt-properties'. You can change any of these.

(`C-u C-x =' displays information about the face at the current
position.)

--
Johan Bockgård