Re: Moving regions up and down by lines

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Moving regions up and down by lines
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:05:10 +0200

> Thanks for the pointers! A call to (setq deactivate-mark nil) at the end
> of each function is all I needed.

Though a kill and a subsequent yank is an overkill.  `transpose-regions'
is now working reliably, you should use it.

> Are you planning on releasing m&d somewhere? It looks like quite an
> ambitious effort.

Earlier versions worked well with text-mode and broke with programming
languages.  Currently, it doesn't work nicely with interpunctuation in
text modes.  I'd have to fix that eventually.