Re: C and C++ highlighting is not working properly (font-lock)

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: C and C++ highlighting is not working properly (font-lock)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:13:56 +0100

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 06:45:50PM -0700, deccard wrote:
> I'm using font-lock, but I'm getting quite weird behavior out of it. I
> get right colors only for the first word. Even using tab messes it up!
> What could be going on? ....

> Here is a screen shot of my pseudo c++ program:
> http://www.helsinki.fi/~ipohjala/Problem.png

That looks wierd.

OK.  To begin with, can you tell me EXACTLY what I have to do to reproduce the
problem, beginning with how you start Emacs?  Does it happen as you're
typing the C++ program, or when you load an existing C++ file?  It's
always best with problems like this to say explicitly what version of
Emacs you're using (M-x emacs-version).  Often, it's good to dump CC
Mode's configuration (C-c C-b); this can be _very_ helpful in diagnosing
bugs.

> I have not added anything to my .emacs.

Hmmm.  Since when?  What was in it before you didn't add anything to it?
;-)  If you start emacs with "emacs -q", does the problem go away?

Do you have a site-start file (M-x locate-library <CR> site-start.el
<CR>)?  If so, what happens when you start emacs with "emacs -q
--no-site-file"?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany)