Re: Converting a non-escaped regexp to an escaped version

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Converting a non-escaped regexp to an escaped version
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:14:57 +0200

On 2007-06-07, at 14:32, HippoMan wrote:

During development of elisp code that I'm writing, I test regular
expressions via the interactive use of M-x re-search-forward.  Once
I've come up with a regexp that works, I often will want
to yank it into my elisp code, for example, into a call to
`match-string'.

Not really a solution for your specific problem, but I'd suggest using `re-builder' for that.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher