Re: arrow keys in the console

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: arrow keys in the console
Date: 20 May 2007 15:43:02 GMT

On 2007-05-19, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 19.05.2007 um 16:59 schrieb Tyler Smith:
>
>> It's become apparent
>> that I need to read up on keymaps in Linux in general in order to
>> figure out which of my problems are in Emacs, which are in Debian, and
>> which are in the particular way i've configured each.
>

> The question is why anyone is using such a thing. Xterm can be a
> console, too, it only needs an X server and an option. Are you using
> this "linux" terminal device as a Linux virtual console? Isn't vi
> sufficient for a bit of editing in this situation?

Most of the time I actually use Emacs as an x application, but also
often from within an xterm. My experiments with the console are
primarily educational excursions - just trying to figure out how
things work. I won't bother you with more questions on the topic -
I've now been pointed towards a number of resources that will take me
a while to sort through.

Thanks,

Tyler