Re: Auto-completion and code browsing

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: Auto-completion and code browsing
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:00:30 +0200

Bo Yang <struggleyb@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>    I am intending to use Emacs as my default editor
> in this summer's coding. After struggling for two
> days to configure it, I am very disappoint now.
>    I make the auto-completion work, but it works very
> fooly. Its completion results are stupid. As to the
> code browsing module, it even can't jump to the definition
> of the funtion I am visiting.
>    How disappointing this is! Is there any better way to make
> Emacs work more excellent in the this two area?
>

> Regards!
>
>  Bo

What language?

I too have been struggling with the CEDET package, but its kind on in a
transitory phase at the moment I think. I am currently waiting on Eric,
the maintainer, to get back to me with some ideas on how to get
completion working for the Linux system files - it seems not to work as
advertised at the moment with some inconsistencies between system
includes, system database, ebrowse and semantic parsers.

Have you hippie-expand? That is good for "in file" completion.