Re: arrow keys in the console

From: poppyer
Subject: Re: arrow keys in the console
Date: 18 May 2007 13:37:00 +0100

Hi, following is what I do to make my [home] [end] key works, I think arrow
keys can be done in a similar way.

put something like this in your .emacs file:
(define-key function-key-map "\eOH" [home])
(define-key function-key-map "\eOF" [end])
(define-key function-key-map "\e[7~" [home])
(define-key function-key-map "\e[8~" [end])

To get the strings right, you can test it in your terminal by ^V and the
key you want.

Not sure if this is the right way, but at least it works :)