Re: Quite a few emacs questions

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: Quite a few emacs questions
Date: 17 May 2007 20:35:35 GMT

On 2007-05-17, mowgli <knowledgeless@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now say you have 20 entries in a dir and you type the clear command in
> eshell. Now do an ls -l mydir. This results in only the bottom 10
> entries. you do ls -l as many times you want but can never see the
> topmost 10 entries. How do you fix that? I hope I'm not confusing
> again.

You should be able to scroll up by the page with M-v and down by the page
with C-v. You can scroll up and down by a single line with C-p and
C-n. If M-v doesn't work for you, then ESC-v should do the same thing.

It would be really helpful for you to sit down and work through the
built-in tutorial. All the basics of moving around windows and buffers
is covered there. You can start it by typing
C-h i
and then just follow the instructions.

HTH,

Tyler