Re: C-u C-space

From: Maciej Katafiasz
Subject: Re: C-u C-space
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:54:04 +0000 (UTC)

Den Thu, 10 May 2007 00:45:36 +0200 skrev A Soare:

> Now I am trying to find out what command is associated with C-u C-space.
> I do
>
> C-h k C-u .
>
> It appears <<C-u runs the command universal-argument>> . I did not
> arrive to press C-space.
>
> Is it a bug? Or I used wrong describe-key ?

No, C-u modifies the command that follows. Strictly speaking, it supplies
the so called universal argument, which commands are free to read and
modify their behaviour accordingly. So what you really want is C-h k
C-SPC, which should (and does) explain what happens if you supply the
universal argument.

Cheers,
Maciej