Re: Fullscreen GTK Emacs possible?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Fullscreen GTK Emacs possible?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:56:12 +0200

Enselic <enselic@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a fulll screen mode when Emacs is compiled --with-gtk?
> rgrepping the source for fullscreen gives many hits, but I'm not sure
> if that is the fullscreen I want, or if it is, how to activate it.
>
> By fullscreen I mean that the main window would expand to fill the
> whole screen, including putting itself over panels. If you have
> Firefox I would like to be able to get the same effect in Emacs as I
> get when I press F11 in Firefox.
>
> If this is not currently possible, where in the code would such a
> change be made? gtkutil.c?

I would just type C-u -1 M-x full-frame RET
and: M-x raise-frame RET

full-frame is in: http://darcs.informatimago.com/emacs/pjb-emacs.el
(starts from ;;; frames)

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS: The entire physical universe,
including this product, may one day collapse back into an
infinitesimally small space. Should another universe subsequently
re-emerge, the existence of this product in that universe cannot be
guaranteed.