Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:36:59 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> On 5/3/07, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In SW there are always those who prefer not to do rather than do because
>> then there is no risk of the apple cart being upset. This attitude can
>> pay dividends in the long run. "Half assed" solutions to "partial
>> problems" often come and bite one in the ass at a later date. I suspect
>> people are worried that W32Emacs might be just such a venture.
>
> And in this case, is not that some people (me included) preferred "not
> to do". More like "not now, because it could benefit from some
> additional thought".

I have often found in the development world that sometimes "additional
thought" is a euphemism for "not today, not tomorrow, maybe in a few
years when I have nothing better to do". There are times when it can
benefit a development to let the young guns go blazing and see what
happens. Sometimes :-;

>> So, I for one am grateful for Lennart's work on this issue
>> anyway. Is it perfect? No way. Is it better than went before?
>> Yes.
>
> Of course.
>
>> Is
>> Lennart open to suggestions for improvement from the people who actually
>> use it?
>
> That's a good question.
>
>             Juanma

And one fairly easy to answer - yes. But note the important bit - "from
those who actually use it".