Re: OT re: .Xdefaults and/or Xresources.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: OT re: .Xdefaults and/or Xresources.
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:55:17 +0200

Am 21.04.2007 um 03:45 schrieb William Case:

Today Robert D. Crawford replied to the "fullscreen does not work
thread".  He suggested some changes to the .Xdefault file.  My OT
question is, where or how can I find a doc file that gives me a list of all the changes that can be made to emacs through the .Xdefaults and/or Xresources file. I have read how to use the proper syntax in info, but
I have had to cut and paste and adlib for any changes I've made.

        C-h i m Emacs RET

Then you have the option to choose from:

* Display X:: Changing the default display and using remote login.
* Font X::              Choosing a font for text, under X.
* Colors X::            Choosing colors, under X.
* Window Size X::       Start-up window size, under X.
* Borders X::           Internal and external borders, under X.
* Title X::             Specifying the initial frame's title.
* Icons X::             Choosing what sort of icon to use, under X.
* Resources X::         Advanced use of classes and resources, under X.
* Lucid Resources::     X resources for Lucid menus.
* LessTif Resources::   X resources for LessTif and Motif menus.

Some examples form my ~/.Xdefaults:

Emacs*geometry:                 97x53+111+11
Emacs*Title:                    "Pete's Latschen"
Emacs*Background:               AliceBlue
Emacs*Foreground:               Black
Emacs.dialog*.background:       RosyBrown
Emacs.dialog*.foreground:       MediumSpringGreen
Emacs.dialog*.borderWidth:      4
Emacs.mode-line.attributeForeground:    yellow
Emacs.mode-line.attributeBackground:    midnightblue

The chapter on X resources can be improved.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The box said "Use Windows 95 or better," so I got a Macintosh.