cvs emacs questions

From: knubee
Subject: cvs emacs questions
Date: 15 Apr 2007 18:46:05 -0700

I have installed cvs version of emacs following the instructions on
emacswiki:

  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co
emacs
  cd emacs

  ./configure
  make bootstrap

  make
  make install

The new install seems to be mostly working, but I have a couple of
questions:

1. Keeping this version up to date. I realize I need to run "cvs ...
update" -- but do I also need to do the rest of the steps above after
each update (ie, "./configure" and "make bootstrap" etc.)?

2. I realize there are many changes between emacs 21.4 and 22, but are
there any major changes that require me to deal with add-on packages
(such as VM or BBDB) in a new way? For example, changes to default
locations of files, etc.?

thanks.