Re: trouble generating Javadoc with JDEE

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: trouble generating Javadoc with JDEE
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:12:16 -0400

Malte Spiess wrote:
> Hi fellas,
>
> I'm having some trouble generating the docu with jde(e) here on my
> Debian system with the Emacs snapshot and Sun Java6.
>
> I have updated the alternatives, that means that I can enter javadoc as
> any user and it will use the appropriate version (in case this matters)
> as supposed by the guide on the JDEE homepage. More precisely speaking
> the link /usr/bin/javadoc is set as it should be. Thus using javadoc on
> a terminal works fine.
>
> Still when I do `M-x jde-javadoc-make` in a buffer showing a .java file
> all I get is
> apply: Symbol's value as variable is void: compilation-nomessage-regexp-alist
> .
>
> Has anyone an idea why this happens?

It works for me, using jde version 2.3.5.1 (C-h v jde-version) and gjdoc
(installed java-gcj-compat-dev , which is also in Debian testing).  I
have the below customizations on javadoc, neither of which should matter
here:

'(jde-javadoc-checker-level (quote private))
'(jde-javadoc-gen-args (quote ("-validhtml")))

Do any features of JDE work?

Matt Flaschen