Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers
Date: 7 Feb 2007 09:51:14 -0800

On Feb 7, 5:22 pm, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > find-file-hook won't apply to buffers unrelated to files, though.
> > after-change-major-mode-hook almost does the trick, but it still
> > doesn't get fundamental-mode.
>
> Then report this with M-x report-emacs-bug.

I think that behaviour is what would be expected from after-change-
major-mode-hook  If you create a new buffer and that buffer is in
fundamental-mode then no mode change has occurred and therefore no
hooks have been run. But if changing from a major-mode to fundamental-
mode does not cause after-change-major-mode-hook to be run then it is
definately a bug.

(I'm not sitting in front of Emacs 22 so I can't check)