Re: http-get/post vs url

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: http-get/post vs url
Date: 30 Jan 2007 10:00:49 +0100

Hi Klaus and David,

> > But do you know what I can do to further debug or find a
> > workaround against those 2 errors I got using `url.el'?
> >
> >     "Saw end of trailers"
>
> This is not an error, if I understand url-http.el correctly.

I'll check once again the factual problems it brought me. But
that was one reason for me to investigate, some weeks ago,
around http-get/post.

> >     "HTTP responses in class 1xx not supported (100)".
>
> This message is sufficiently clear, isn't it?
> Currently the URL library does not implement a proper response to the
> HTTP status code 100 (meaning "Continue").
>
> As far as I understand the HTTP specification, well-behaved servers
> should not send this status code for any of the requests that are sent
> by the URL library. I know of at least one server that does this
> anyway, unfortunately.

For sure, I've found a second one: the server from which I try
to get information.

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:57:54 GMT
    Server: Apache

    (this extract does not show the 100 response; just the
    server in question)

Thanks for your info!

Seb

--