Re: Does grep work in Windows

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: Does grep work in Windows
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:27:35 +0000

Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed Grep from the gnuwin32 web site and "now" added it to the PATH environmental variable. Same error.

The full error message is

*- mode: grep; default-directory: "~/" -*-
Grep started at Tue Jan 23 22:19:50

grep -n -e setq ~/.emacs NUL
'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Grep finished with no matches found at Tue Jan 23 22:19:5

On 23/01/07, Ralf Angeli <dev.null@caeruleus.net> wrote:
* Graham Smith (2007-01-23) writes:

> Run grep (like this): grep -n -e setq ~/.emacs
> hit return and get a message that says
>
> 'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong.

Did you install grep?  Is it in PATH?

--
Ralf