NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 12 December 2006 Lisp NYC General Meeting

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 12 December 2006 Lisp NYC General Meeting
Date: 11 Dec 2006 23:20:59 -0500

  what="official Lisp NYC announcement">

 From: Heow Eide-Goodman <lists@alphageeksinc.com>
 To: LispNYC <lisp@lispnyc.org>
 Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:51:48 -0500

 Please join us for our next meeting on Tuesday, December 12th from 7:00
 to 10:00 at The Bindery in the South Street Seaport.

 Help celebrate the beginning of LispNYC's 5th year at our annual Holiday
 Meeting and Year Five Planning Session!

 Few can resist the timeless-romance of parenthesis, so bring yourself
 and your loved one along to revel in the soft CRT glow of the Symbolics
 3620.

 Hope to see you there!

 Directions to Heow's House, at The Bindery in the South Street Seaport,
 Manhattan:

   Heow and Jennifer Eide-Goodman
   The Bindery
   324 Pearl Street, #2J
   New York, NY 10038
   212-228-5779

 Subway 2,3:
   Be in the middle of the train.
   Get out at Fulton Street.
   Go up the steps.
   Go out the exit that says 'Fulton St & William Street' (should be
   the one right in front of you).
   Go up the steps.
   Go straight ahead as you come out of the subway, to the east, down
   Fulton Street, toward the South Street Seaport.
   Walk two blocks. You will see a playground on the left.
   Turn left. Walk two blocks, past the post office on the east side of
   the street.
   We are on the east (right) side of the street, in the building with
   the awning marked 'The Bindery'.

 Subway A,C:
   Be in the middle of the train.
   Get out at Broadway/Nassau exit.
   Follow the signs toward the 2, 3.
   Take the Fulton/Williams Street exit.
   Go up the steps.
   Go straight ahead as you come out of the subway, to the east, down
   Fulton Street, toward the South Street Seaport.
   Walk two blocks. You will see a playground on the left.
   Turn left. Walk two blocks, past the post office on the east side of
   the street.
   We are on the east (right) side of the street, in the building with
   the awning marked 'The Bindery'.

 Subway 4,5,6:
   Be in the front of the train if going downtown and the back if going
   uptown.
   Get out at the Brooklyn Bridge exit.
   Go up the steps and to the left.
   Go through the metal turnstyles.
   Go straight, to the end of the long passageway.
   Go up the steps on the left.
   Walk straight down Frankfurt Street (the bridge will be on your left
   side), two long blocks.
   You'll run into Pearl Street. We are across the street on the east
   side of the street, the building that says 'The Bindery' on the
   awning.

 Subway R,W:
   Get off at City Hall/Chambers Street.
   Go up the steps.
   Go through the park, past the fountain.
   Cross the street, and turn left, passing in front of Pace University.
   The small road that runs on the south side of the bridge is called
   Frankfort Street. Walk along the south side of the bridge for two
   blocks.
   You will run into Pearl Street.
   Turn right. We are across the street, in the building with the awning
   marked 'The Bindery'.

 Buses:
   The M15 and M9 stop right in front of the building.

 Driving From Points North:
   Take exit #2, 'Brooklyn Bridge/Manhattan Civic Center' from the East
   Side Highway.
   Do not veer left, marked 'Brooklyn Bridge', instead veer right, marked
   'Civic Center'.
   Go forward down exit ramp, there will be a police checkpoint directly
   ahead, across the street.
   Turn left at the light onto Pearl Street.
   We are just on the other side of the bridge, on the left side.

 Driving From New Jersey:
   Take the Holland Tunnel.
   Take exit #4 (?), marked 'Downtown'.
   Go forward down Varick Street to Chambers Street.
   Turn left on Chambers.
   Turn right when Chambers dead ends into the Municipal Building, on
   Centre Street.
   Do not go on the Brooklyn Bridge, but stay left just after the
   entrance to it.
   Do a U-turn (the only legal U-turn in the city of Manhattan!) at the
   light, taking a hard left, but not taking the entrance ramp to the
   Brooklyn Bridge. Instead take the road just to it's right, Frankfort
   Street. It runs along the south side of the bridge.
   Pearl Street is two blocks down Frankfort Street, on the right hand
   side.
   We are across the street on the east side of the street, the building
   that says 'The Bindery' on the awning.

 Driving From Brooklyn/BQE:
   Take the Brooklyn Bridge.
   Take the exit marked 'Civic Center/Pearl Street' (the first open exit
   on the Manhattan side of the bridge).
   Veer left to avoid going back on the bridge.
   Take a right at the bottom of the exit ramp.
   We are just on the other side of the bridge, on the left side.

 Driving From the West Side:
   Take the West Side Highway around the bottom of the island, through
   Battery Tunnel, to where it becomes the East Side Highway.
   Take exit #2 (?) marked 'Civic Center/Pearl Street' (?)
   Turn left at the bottom of the ramp.
   We are the third building on the left.