No User Shell Envir in Emacs via SSH

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: No User Shell Envir in Emacs via SSH
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:19:11 -0500

Sitting at home, I enter this into KDE's "Run Command..." (Kubuntu) to
"map" an X11/Emacs session running on my office machine onto my home
machine's monitor:

      +----------------------------+
      | Command:  ssh office emacs |
      +----------------------------+

The window appears on my home machine as expected and works fine.

The problem, however, is that my office machine's "bash environment"
isn't included/defined within Emacs. Apparently, the only
environmental variables defined are those from a system-wide Bash init
file (e.g. DISPLAY, HOME, LANG, MAIL, PATH, etc.).

Does anyone know what I need to do so that the "exported variables"
(i.e., environment) defined in my ".bashrc" are also present?

Thanks for your ideas!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj