Re: Problem with emacs and ispell on XP

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Problem with emacs and ispell on XP
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:28:22 +0100

Kylltrog wrote:
  Hallo,

I have the following problemon these XP-versions:

- when I use ispell in emacs (both NOT cygwin-version), emacs crashes
really!

The version are:

GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.)

International Ispell Version 3.3.02 12 Jun 2005 (Copyright (c), 1983,
by Pace Willisson)

Is there a way to use these versions together. Ispell won't work in
emacs. And I don't know why? Other tools work with these emacs-version
perfectly.
Must I use a special ispell-version?

Could you perhaps try with the CVS version of Emacs? This is the next version to be released and it is currently in pretest and very stable. See EmacsWiki for how to get precompiled binaries:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo

I think there is a bit more about ispell/aspell there too (but I do not remember now).