key mapping convention

From: Christopher Küttner
Subject: key mapping convention
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:39:53 +0100

Hi All,

please apologize if this off-topic. Well, I don't think it is ot, since this problem is generated by Emacs.

I am using the mighty Editor since a few months now and I must make a decision. Should I tweak the Editor to work like my operating system, that means using CUA and so on. Or should I tweak the operating system such that it works like the Editor (eg C-y as "paste" ect)?

I want to decide this once for a lifetime. Which is the way to go? Which way is better? Where is the origin of the way Emacs does it? Any thoughts, scientific or religious are welcome.

Thanks,
Christopher