Compiling CVS Emacs with X toolkit

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Compiling CVS Emacs with X toolkit
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:46:33 +0100

Since upgradring my GNU/Linux installation from Mandrake 10.1 Official
to Mandriva Free 2007, my CVS Emacs build does not get any X
capabilities. I use the same script (cd prj/emacs; cvs update;
./configure; make etc...) as I did before.

Of course I understand that this has to do with the new install and
that I lack some "blabla-devel-y.z" libraries, but I find it hard to
figure out exactly which I lack. Using rpmdrake (which is a very nice
tool), there is a jungle of different libs for "X" to choose from. I
don't care much about which toolkit I use although GTK would be nice.

Any pointers?

Maybe this question would be more valid in some Mandria forum, I don't
know...