Re: Change default font size?

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: Change default font size?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:18:00 +0000

John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> writes:

> Our users just got new LCD monitors and are now at 1280X1024 resolution.
> One now says her emacs is "too small".  I was hoping to find an entry
> for her .emacs or some command-line parameters I can add to her alias to
> start emacs with a slightly larger font size.

Hi John,

Probably the neatest way to do this would be through X resources - into
the appropriate file (mighjt be .Xresources or  .Xdefaults ) put the line

emacs*font: lucidasanstypewriter-12

or whichever font you like.

I'm using XEmacs here - Gnu Emacs has a list of X resources somewhere -
maybe in the FAQ

hth

Glyn