Re: Changine sizes of splitted windows

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Changine sizes of splitted windows
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:14:38 +0100

Texaner wrote:
Hello,

thanks for your answer. With the help of your suggestions I experienced
that C-x ^ is indeed bound to enlarge-window in my Aquamacs-version!

But when I type C-x the editor switches, as expected, to the command
line. But after typing ^ it switches to the last regular editor window
and shows "^" in the editor. I am a little bit confused about that. I
type the key that shows the symbols ^ and ° (with shift) and is next
to the number 1 (on a regular Mac-keyboard). Isn't it the right key?

Thanks in advance

Marcel

Marcel,

That would depend on your keyboard layout.

For US and UK keyboards, it is shift-6.

Assuming you are using a German keyboard
(your webbrowser is reporting that it is configured to use German),
the key you want is to the left of '1', according to xfontsel.

What do you mean by "But when I type C-x the editor switches, as expected, to
the command
line." ?

On Linux (and Windows), emacs displays C-x on the status line, when I press C-x.

Is C-x a Mac short cut to swap application windows?

M-x allows you to run arbitrary emacs commands.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller.