Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system (& ...rwindow)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system (& ...rwindow)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:48:28 +0300

> Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:59:17 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
> CC:  brakjoller@gmail.com,  help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> >> This behaviour is consistent with MS documentation. To avoid that
> >> windows left and right keys open for example the run dialog with Win+r
> >> you have to implement a low level keyboard hook.
> >>

> > Can you give a pointer to the Microsoft documentation which says that,
> > and/or documentation that explains how the LWIN-r combo works in terms
> > of Win32 API calls, and why it bypasses the normal keyboard reading
> > Emacs uses?
> >

> See the thread where we discussed this:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-07/msg00448.html

I've re-read that discussion before asking the question.  The only
pointers I found there were to a CodeProject page, which just said
that keyboard hooks were necessary, but didn't explain the issue any
further.  What I'm looking for is a more in-depth documentation,
preferably official Microsoft one.

> > I'm well aware of your patched version.  The fact is, however, that we
> > do seem to have code in w32fns.c that tries to work around the Run
> > dialog being popped.  I asked my question (above) to try to understand
> > whether that code works at all, on any Windows system.  Presumably, it
> > worked for someone at some point in the past, or else it would not
> > have been added to Emacs.
>
> I think the documentation I pointed to in the beginning of the thread
> answers this questions too.

Please tell where, I must have missed that somehow.