ediff-diff-options have no effect

From: Florian Kaufmann
Subject: ediff-diff-options have no effect
Date: 20 Sep 2006 05:37:37 -0700

Hello

No matter what garbage I assign to ediff-diff-options, ediff (i.e.
diff, the content of ediff-diff-program) behaves in its standard
configuration. Setting ediff-diff-program however has an effect. I'm
sure that I wrote ediff-diff-options correctly, because if I invoke the
help on this variable (describe-variable C-h v), I get the correct new
content I assigned to this variable and the correct description. Any
Ideas?

Thank you

Flo