Re: diffs between a buffer and the underlying file

From: Urs Thuermann
Subject: Re: diffs between a buffer and the underlying file
Date: 17 Sep 2006 10:07:04 +0200

michael@cadilhac.name (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:

> I think what you want is
> M-x diff-buffer-with-file RET RET

It seems my Emacs 20.7 compiled from the sources and Emacs 21 on
Debian GNU/Linux don't know this.  Is this something new in Emacs 22
or do I have to load some Elisp file to be able to use this function?

urs

BTW, I am not on the mailing list but read the gnu.emacs.help
newsgroup.  But I didn't get your answer in this newsgroup from my
neesfeed.  Only your private email copy to me reached me.  Is there a
problem with the News/Email gateway?