Re: Pasting into emacs..with certain characters..

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Pasting into emacs..with certain characters..
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 02:10:09 +0200

Am 16.09.2006 um 00:29 schrieb David Combs:

I would *love* to get 23.0.0!

I have these two URLs:

        http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4168
        http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/EmacsFromCVS

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs describes how to get GNU Emacs via CVS. I once used this command to download the whole tree:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co -d emacs- unicode -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs

so the module name seems to be emacs-unicode-2.

In my ~/.cvspass I have:

        :pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs A
        :pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs A

Once you have the source you can write into ~/.cvsrc

        cvs -z3

that you can omit -z3 (compression) and that you can say just

        cvs up

in the top-level directory (emacs-unicode in my example above) to fetch the updated files only.

For GNU Emacs 22.0.50 I have saved these lines:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co emacs
        cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
        cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs update emacs

The module name here is just emacs. I think the anoncvs access was stopped, so the last two lines are historic. (You can create an account, and at once you're not anonymous any more!)

Actually I am no expert on CVS. I managed to login to the servers – and they put these "cookies" into my ~/.cvspass file. Since the I just cd into the appropriate directory and do 'cvs up' ...

Dont forget to 'make bootstrap'!!!

--
Greetings

  Pete