Re: emacs MUAs with working smtp authentication?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: emacs MUAs with working smtp authentication?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:41:40 +0200

* Bill White (2006-08-30) writes:

> I wish I knew what was missing in my smtpmail/system setup.

Have you read the smtpmail manual and followed its advice?  It's
accessible with `C-h i d m smtp RET'.

With Gnus you basically need to set `message-send-mail-function' and
`smtpmail-smtp-server' for making basic sending of mail work.  For
authentication you just need to specify machine, login and password in
~/.authinfo, which `smtpmail-auth-credentials' points to per default.
For the syntax of entries in the file see `man netrc'.  If you want to
use starttls with SMTP, set `smtpmail-starttls-credentials'
accordingly.

--
Ralf