Re: Elisp: Simple function to Add Two Numbers

From: Edward Dodge
Subject: Re: Elisp: Simple function to Add Two Numbers
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:39:16 -0700

Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> writes:

> The whitespaces don't matter, as long as they're not just after a
> newline.  The problem is that there are two newlines with three
> characters specifying a total of four interactive arguments: n, n and r.
> (r gives two arguments, start and end of region).

Yes,  this is correct.  And I have managed to keep the function from causing
an error by rewriting it:

(defun ekd-average (jabba wabba)
  "Adds two numbers and returns the difference between"
  (interactive "nFirstvar: \nnSecondvar: ")
     (eval ( + jabba wabba)))

Now the only problem is this:  it returns no answer when I run it.  I thought
lisp functions always returned a value.  I even made it explicit by using the
"eval" statement,  but still I get no answer in either the minibuffer or
*Messages*.

--
Edward Dodge

   __o