Re: UTF-8 in path / filename

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: UTF-8 in path / filename
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:09:25 +0900

> There won't be a perfect solution with GNU Emacs in the near future ...

You constantly seem to be having problems with UTF-8, but it works
absolutely perfectly for me, filenames, dired, everything (using emacs 22).

[It works perfectly even if I do `emacs -Q' to avoid loading my init
file, though I normally use (set-language-environment 'japanese).]

AFAIK the main thing is that your LANG environment variable be set to
something mentioning utf-8 -- I use "ja_JP.UTF-8".

If that doesn't work, I dunno, maybe it's something screwy about the mac.

-Miles

--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.