comment lines extended

From: Gary Wessle
Subject: comment lines extended
Date: 06 Aug 2006 20:52:36 +1000

Hi

while I am writing comments in a c++ mode, and reach the end of the
line, it automatically places "\\" to the next line and moves
there. but sometimes I need to hit <RET> and start a new comment line
before reaching the end-of-line for a new comment line. how can I make
it to start that new line with "\\" even though I have not arrive at
the end of the previous line yet?

thanks