Re: help with M-x term

From: op132650c
Subject: Re: help with M-x term
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:27:04 +0100

>   Is there some reason why you aren't using M-x shell?

I don't want to detour the attention about the question of William Daffer, but i
also prefer M-x term instead of M-x shell, because the output of M-x shell is
not well formatted compared to M-x term.

Now i put the following question:

What's the difference between M-x shell and M-x term?

How can i configure M-x shell to be well formatted?

One example of the bad formatation of the output of M-x shell, is when i do ls
-la.
I get the following:

]]] file1     ]]] file3^]]]     ]]] file5^]]]
 ]]] file2   ]]] file4^]]]     ]]] file6^]]]

With the M-x term i get well formatted:

file1   file3   file5
file2   file4   file6