Re: save all emacs buffers

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: save all emacs buffers
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:28:54 +0200

Am 26.06.2006 um 11:02 schrieb Mathias Dahl:

I haven't figured out exactly what is going wrong, but session.el or
desktop.el (don't remember which one) have messed up my Emacs
environment now and then.

I remember again that one or both failed for me first, too. I then invoked desktop-save or desktop-save-in-desktop-dir resp. session- save-session. When they showed failures I could fix them step by step. Maybe I even created the files in which the information would habe been saved. Doing this more systematically than I used to do, you would become fit to enhance the Emacs wiki in this area.

The function descriptions exhibit some internals. It seems I better should set session-save-file-coding-system to utf-8 ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete
              <\