Re: "more", "ls -l", and column 80 in shell

From: RjjdBae
Subject: Re: "more", "ls -l", and column 80 in shell
Date: 16 Jun 2006 07:42:27 -0700

I use "more" in the shell window because I use the shell window, and I
want to pause output conveniently.

The first time I heard of eshell and term is today!  I tried each:
eshell exits when I execute a script that contains an "exit".  term
doesn't pass ^H to emacs.  And eshell didn't get my .cshrc right; some
commands didn't work, e.g. "set".

The only problems I have with shell is this column 80 thing,
current-directory's getting lost, and having to execute "dirs" upon
changing directory from within a script.

So, any thoughts on how I can tell whatever generates the <RET> not to
be afraid to put one in column 80?