emacs

From: Saady Abd-Elfattah
Subject: emacs
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:37:25 -0400

Prior to migrating to a new domain, our users had the ability to select a file, then right click, selecting the open with command, then choosing the program GNU Emacs as an option.  After migration when trying to open software with the open with function does not work, nor is the program option there to be selected anymore, so you would actually have to browse for the program executable.  Emacs is available for download at http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/ , the package we are using is 21.3.  To use the program, you download the program folder and an _emacs file, the program folder goes into Program Files, and the _emacs file goes to C:\.  So this program is not installed with an installatin package and does not write to the registry.    My question would be what registry permissions/edits do I need to change to allow for emacs to be a selectable program.