Re: Display of text in columns?

From: Nikos Apostolakis
Subject: Re: Display of text in columns?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:55:43 -0400

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> Jim Kalb <kalb@aya.yale.edu> writes:

>> What I'd like to do is display a single buffer, but in two
>> columns, so that when you get to the end of what fits in the
>> first column the text continues in the second.
>
> follow-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `follow'.
> (follow-mode ARG)

I don't know if the OP will be satisfied with follow-mode but often
(eg when reading Gutenberg ebooks) I would like to have a
follow-like mode that treats the text as a book.  With follow-mode
if you have a file that consists of four "pages", say A,B,C,D and
you start with the configuration

          |-----|-----|
          |     |     |
          |  A  |  B  |