Re: removing spaces from a string

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: removing spaces from a string
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:02:06 GMT

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:39:09 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:06:32 GMT, Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How to interpret ?\ ? Where can I learn about this?
>
> It's a character constant (the SPC character in this case):
>
> M-x info RET g (elisp)Character Type RET

Thanks!! Now I see (again:-) it is worth reading of the beginning (of a
manual) not only the middle ;-)

I asked this because I didn't know if there is any difference between ?
and ?\ . Now I see there isn't. These are all the same: ? , ?\ , ?\s. (And
the last one is the preferred according to the elisp manual :-)

Thanks again,