Eval environment variables using Lisp code

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Eval environment variables using Lisp code
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:12:16 +0200

In my setup, I run ssh-agent making it create a script that can be
sourced from any shell giving it access to the agent:

$ ssh-agent -a /tmp/.ssh-socket >/tmp/.ssh-script
$ cat /tmp/.ssh-script
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/.ssh-socket; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
SSH_AGENT_PID=148; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
echo Agent pid 148;

To be able to use Tramp, I'd need emacs to eval that shell code so
environment variables are properly defined. Can this be done via Lisp
code in my .emacs?

This is NT Emacs and ssh is the Cygwin version. So running ssh-agent
via the window manager is not an option, and making ssh not use the
agent and ask for a password instead isn't, either. If I eval that
code on a Bash shell and run emacs from it, it works, but I'd like it
to work when using the Emacs icon.

Thanks in advance for any idea.

Cordially, Ismael
--
 Ismael Valladolid Torres       OpenPGP key ID: 0xDE721AF4
  [^[$B$?$S$?$S$9$_$^$;$s^[(B]       Jabber ID: ivalladt@jabberes.org

  http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com  =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyJE0hREjAGyhC?=