Re: tty blinking cursor

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: tty blinking cursor
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 15:21:55 +0100

Bastien wrote:
bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

Do C-h C-e (`view-emacs-problems'), and search for "*** GNU/Linux:
Emacs on a tty switches the cursor to large blinking block."

Maybe you can use some of that information.

I've followed this:

,----[ C-h C-e Emacs on a tty ]
| To this end, run "infocmp linux > linux-term", edit the file
| `linux-term' to make both the "cnorm" and "cvvis" capabilities send
| the sequence "\E[?25h\E[?17;0;64c", and then run "tic linux-term" to
| produce a modified terminfo entry.
`----

.. and it worked well, thank you very much!
I now have a static cursor.  For some reasons that i don't understand,
this cursor is red, but it could be worse.

Bastien,

In XEmacs, the config-face "text cursor" gives the colour to be used for the
cursors.
I'm sure Emacs has a similar config option.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.