Re: to big nest level of recursion

From: Anton V. Belyaev
Subject: Re: to big nest level of recursion
Date: 20 Mar 2006 07:56:39 -0800

Thanks too all of you!

I have some questions relative to your answers. Maybe I should post
them into separate topic, but anyway.

1) This nice intendation:

(defun contains (lst el)
   (if (null lst)
       nil
       (if (eq (car lst) el)
          (contains (cdr lst) el))))

When I place it to my Emacs and do M-x intend-region, it applies the
crazy intendation from my first post. How can I enable nice
intendation?

2) Pascal Bourguignon mentioned TCO. Is it relatively right recursion
handling? Why does it works only with boolean expressions? I thought
that it is enougth to make recursive call the last in the expression
(as it is in Haskell). Where can I read about it?