sql-mode for emacs

From: jamesd
Subject: sql-mode for emacs
Date: 8 Mar 2006 08:05:09 -0800

I am using xemacs to run my sql server and oracle queries using
sql-mode. It is working great!

I have a few short questions for you.

Have you figured out a way to get emacs to automatically append "
go" to the end of every query (so you don't have to type it every
time). This would be awesome. There are so many times that I just want
to select some text (a region)  and execute it, but it won't work
with sql server because of the missing " go".  Of course with
oracle this is not a problem, only with sql server.

Also, when I execute a sql statement it shows the results correctly on
the bottom buffer. But I would like to have the bottom buffer (query
results) to clear every time I execute a statement - currently it
appends the results to the previous result set like this:

(1 row affected)

 -----------
        1787

(1 row affected)
 reviewid
 -----------
        1723
        1724
        1725
        1759
        1760
        1761
        1762
        1763
        1764
        1765

In other words, I would like emacs to perform more like "Query
Analyzer" that comes bundeled with Sql Server client tools.

I would appreciate anyones thoughts on how either of these questions
could be answered.  Thanks!