Re: cvs 22.0.50 + auctex

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: cvs 22.0.50 + auctex
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:30:45 +0100

Am 21.02.2006 um 05:48 schrieb B. T. Raven:

I have setq'd and evaluated 'source-directory to the place where I put the c sources but when I click on a file, I get the message that the sources
are not available. ???

Maybe you shouldn't do that 'localising customisation' ... For me it works leaving the C and Elisp sources 'there' and having the installation 'here.' I can look into the C source file and can try to understand the C code.

3) Why can't calendar force use of a fixed font just for that buffer so
that the alignment is maintained in the 3 month calendar display?

You can either give GNU Emacs a default monospaced font and only make text buffers use proportional fonts. Or you can make calendar use particular faces of typewriter like fonts ...

There is a version of GNU Emacs for use in Mac OS X, Aquamacs Emacs. It, too, uses proportional fonts. Some buffer modes are excluded. Its sources are here around: http://aquamacs.org/

iiii) I just found that at times, after a C-h f or C-h v, that the
completion buffer won't accept a mouse-1 or mouse-2 click over a mouse
sensitive item, but only dings, reports read-only, and dissappears.
Quitting emacs and then restarting restored normal behavior.

Have you seen the item 'Send Bug Report...' in the Help menu? You should use it as often as possible. We, here on this Emacs help list, can't fix bugs. That's the other recipients' jobs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and pencil surpass him in intelligence. (Ernst Mach)