Re: ClearCase view and shell command

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: ClearCase view and shell command
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:31:34 -0700

ssbtmp-news@yahoo.fr wrote:
Inside a ClearCase view, I am running emacs to edit files.

From emacs, when I try to launch a command running a shell, the view is
restarted again instead of executing into the current view/shell
context.

I already got the same issue outside emacs when I tried to run scripts
into my view. I solved the issue modifying the first line of my script
from "#!/bin/tcsh" to "#!/bin/tcsh -f". Thanks to is, the view is
started again each time I run a script.

Is there something inside emacs which help me to get the same behavior
?

Assuming you are using M-! to "launch a command", probably not.  Here's
a comment in shell-command:

            ;; We do not use -f for csh; we will not support broken use of
            ;; .cshrcs.  Even the BSD csh manual says to use
            ;; "if ($?prompt) exit" before things which are not useful
            ;; non-interactively.  Besides, if someone wants their other
            ;; aliases for shell commands then they can still have them.

--
Kevin Rodgers